Sunday 10 March 2019

Week 9 - Blown Away

The week's training started well enough with an easy 7 miles on Tuesday, despite still being pretty tired from last weekend's camp.  Wednesday was strength training as planned.  Thursday the weather was pretty wet and it's difficult running with an umbrella so I took Thursday as a rest day and ran on Friday instead - 7.5 miles of tempo intervals, including lots of uphill work.

Saturday was parkrun in the morning.  Very wet and slippy underfoot, torrential rain to start and fairly windy. Not PB conditions but pleased with the pacing with each successive mile 5 secs faster than the previous one and a sprint finish.  Then followed up in the afternoon with a hilly 5 miles of easy running in blustery conditions.  Garmin gave me a badge for wearing out another pair of trainers today (though I think they've still got a bit of life in them for shorter runs).


Sunday - well it was windy, very windy.  16 miles with wind that could stop you dead or push you across the road.  The Met Office site gives sustained winds of 30 - 32 mph with gusts between 51 and 61 mph for the time I was out running.  At one point I heard a tree crash down a few hundred yards behind me.  It also felt very cold.  And I forgot to pick up any gels before I left home - I don't think 2 biscuits at church and a Snickers bar is really enough to run that distance in the conditions we had today.

Totals for the week:
Mileage:  38.73 miles
Elevation gained:  717 metres
LeJog: 224 miles (crossed the Severn Bridge about 25 miles back, 8 miles to Monmouth)

No comments:

Post a Comment