Sunday 12 May 2019

2 seconds

Second recovery week and started to increase the effort level on a couple of runs and a slightly longer long run.  

I had been trying to do more strength work but it's taking 45 minutes at a time to do everything which just isn't realistic some nights.  Will have to look at what can be scaled back a bit on those nights.  Funny how there's always time to do a hour plus run but strength work is so boring it just gets pushed out by other things, especially when it takes months and months of doing the same exercise to see any improvement.

Highlight of the week was Parkrun.  At the finish my watch said I'd equalled my personal best.  Usually my watch is a second or two less than the official time so I wasn't really expecting anything.  But when the results came in my official time was 2 seconds less than my watch and a new PB.  Not bad two weeks after a marathon.

This weeks stats:
Miles: 16.97
Elevation gained: 223 metres
LeJog: 460.5 miles (1.5 miles to the Scottish Border)