Sunday 14 July 2019

Parkrun PB and a holiday

Not content with two first finishers in my age category this week I smashed my Parkrun PB by 49 seconds setting not just a course PB but an all time PB (7 seconds faster than my previous fastest parkrun on a different course).  It's also the first time I've ever got an age grade of over 70%.  So the interval running is finally paying off.  My first two miles were within a second or so of each other, with the third being around 10 seconds slower.  So all I need to do is to run the third mile at the same pace as the first two and that's another 10 seconds off - something to aim at.

As a result of the new PB I've re-calculated all my training paces.  It's interesting to compare my current paces with those from January when I was just coming back from a very low mileage year as a result of injury.  My easy pace has gone from 10:05 - 10:59 to 9:11 - 10:10, with my interval pace going from 8:48 - 9:13 to 8:07 - 8:25.  So what was my tempo pace in January is now more or less my easy pace.

Not a particularly high mileage week as Scouts Expedition Challenge took most of the weekend.  Combined with holiday packing it meant no long run on Sunday.

Most of last week was spent on holiday in Cornwall, so some new running territory.  Some nice easy paced runs on the coast path and local footpaths.  Finished the week back home with an easy paced 9.5 miles on Sunday.

Totals:

Week 1:
Distance: 10.51 miles
Elevation: 68 metres
LeJog: 592 miles

Week 2:
Distance:26.26 miles
Elevation gained:  428 metres

Le-Jog: 618 miles 75% of the way to John O'Groats