Sunday 21 July 2019

Messy Week

Some weeks just feel like they mess up your training with lots of bitty things to do.  This was one of them.  Out four nights in a row.  Monday and Tuesday were early evening starts so no running then.  Which meant five consecutive days running starting Wednesday which isn't good and the quality of the sessions suffered - especially Thursday's intervals which was only half as long as it should have been.  On the plus side the new interval paces are achievable without too much pain.

Friday was a run in torrential rain on flooded roads.  So wet that I'd worn my heavier waterproof jacket.  After the run I dropped it in the back of the car to drive home.  20 mins later a big puddle had collected where it had drained.

My usual parkrun was cancelled this week for a cycling event so I had planned to go to Stratford which is my next NENDY* run.  Only I overslept - doh!  So just a gentle three miles later in the day.

Sunday was an easy 10 miles to finish the week.

Stats for the week:

Miles: 22.72
Elevation gained: 331 m
LeJog: 641 miles (just over 1000km and halfway between Dalchalloch and Inverness)



*Nearest event not done yet