Sunday 19 January 2020

The Slippy One

Race 4 of this year's Tempo Events winter series can only be described as "the slippy one!"  It's normal to walk up the hills on this event but this is the first time I've also walked down a hill on a road race.  Now I need to wash the mud off my road shoes where I walked down the muddy grass verge.

On a different subject RED (Run Every Day) January is going ok, with all runs completed.  Runs on what would normally be rest days have been limited to 20 mins easy running.  I've also been focussing on hill repeats since the start of the year.  I'm not sure they are doing any good - I didn't get any further up Campden Hill today than I did a couple of months ago before I resorted to walking.

It's also been particularly wet a couple of times this week resulting in a good soaking while out running.  Still when you watch the Spine Race it all fades into insignificance compared to what those people go through.

Total miles so far this year:  76.54
Elevation gained this year: 1252m (Almost to the top of Mount Vesuvius (1281m)