Sunday 2 February 2020

RED January

I came across RED January at Parkrun - someone had a t-shirt from last year's event.  Run Every Day in January appealed, something different as I normally only run 5 days a week tops.  Some of it has been hard, but as they say 90% of success is in your head.  It's been cold, most days I've run in the dark, or the rain, or it's been blowing a gale - or all of them.

As an example last Wednesday I had two meetings after work the second not finishing until 9.30 pm.  It was nearly 10 by the time I got home and I'd still not been running.  If it had happened on 2nd January I'd have given up there and then and said it was impossible but on the 29th - there was no way I was throwing away 28 days of running.  

Quick change into running gear and head out the door.  Just 20 minutes and a couple of miles.  And Garmin gave me a new badge 😎 

Throw in Parkrun on Saturday and Sunday's 10 miler and I actually ran for 33 days straight.  

Total miles for January - 125.86