Wednesday 4 October 2017

Nice and steady?

Day 2 of an attempt to find some speed in preparation for the Stroud Half Marathon with a steady paced run.  

McMillan Running describes steady paced runs as having an easy to medium effort level.  Let's say his description of easy and mine don't have a lot of overlap.  I did manage to keep mostly within the target pace range I'd calculated but it was never going to happen running up Pennylands Bank  which although it's quite a short hill doesn't take prisoners.  I always hope there is lots of traffic at the top of the bank so I can stop on the verge for a breather.  I was out of luck tonight and had to keep running, though fortunately there is a slight downhill back into Broadway.

In theory the steady pace is close to the pace I can run a half marathon at.  It was fine for today's planned 3 miles but that's less than a quarter of the distance I'll be covering.  It's going to be a tough one.




No comments:

Post a Comment