Saturday 26 January 2019

Parkrun PB #2

2nd Parkrun PB of the year 😊.  Given that this week was a lighter week on the marathon training front (no extra miles in the programme for after parkrun today and a short "long run" tomorrow) and the good pace I'd set running on Thursday I decided to go for a PB.  I also decided I was going to try not looking a my watch and worrying if I was going too fast, but to run by how I felt.  

The course was a bit drier than last week and the weather was a lot warmer.  The combination of all these factors meant I took 58 secs off my PB for this course.  Naturally I've given myself a star sticker in the training diary for this.

Another thing I noticed about today's parkrun was there were 153 female runners in the field of 292 - which means 52% of the participants were female.  Wonder how many of the 1st time women were there because of Jasmine Paris winning this year's spine race?