Sunday 10 February 2019

Hailstones

It took until Tuesday for me to start feeling better, so a whole week without any running.  Tuesday's easy run was switched to Wednesday and Thursday's tempo run was more of a steady paced effort than tempo.

Parkrun on Saturday was more like Parkswim with big puddles on the course and lots of very slippy mud.  A steady paced effort rather than attempting a PB was in order, especially as I was still feeling a bit under par.  Followed up with another 3 miles to make the target of 6 for the day.

Finished the week with a very chilly 12 miler during which there was rain, wind and hailstorms - hailstones the size of peas really sting even when you're wearing a jacket with a full mountain style hood.  I forgot to take any gels with me so I was pretty tired and cold when I finished- 2 chocolate biscuits and a coffee in church is not enough to run 12 miles.  2 cups of green tea, hummus on wholewheat bread, a slice of fruit cake and a meringue were needed as a restorative.  Closely followed by nut roast, mustard mash and gravy as dinner.


This week's totals:

28.37 miles
418 m elevation


LeJog: 117.55 miles