Sunday 17 February 2019

Week 6 - Going Further

I miscalculated how far I was planning to run this week when I laid out my training diary and had to add a few extra squares to the graphic I use to keep track of my mileage. 

A good week with all training sessions completed including a rare lunchtime run with a friend.  Not sure it made me any more productive after lunch but it was nice to get out and a glorious day.

Parkrun was a mixed bag.  Course had dried out and what felt like a steady pace run put me 50 seconds off the PB I set a few weeks ago which was pleasing.  Less pleasing was realising I'd forgotten to pick up my barcode 😖 . Lesson learned and a spare barcode is now living in the car.

New shoes are good - ran 14 miles in them today with no problems.  Biggest problem was there are some seriously steep sections on today's run which meant a few bits of walking rather than running.

Garmin actually gave me a badge for today's run - must be a long time since I've run that far in a single session as the badges have been around for a while now.


That's my second badge this week as it gave me one for adding my new shoes on Tuesday.

This weeks totals:
31.53 miles
415 m elevation gained
LeJog: 149.08 miles (between Tiverton and Taunton)