Tuesday 29 August 2017

My Happy Pace

I was talking to a friend today about running.  Now this friend runs lots of ultra-marathon events and we were discussing what sort of pace we expect to run at on our ultra-marathon challenge as he ran the same route last year.  

What was nice is that the sort of paces he was describing were in the range that I've been running cross country recently.  Which is a great confidence boost and means I might actually see the rest of the team in the not too far distance.  

Today's training session was run at about the pace I usually run a half marathon at.  Or more precisely it's about the pace I was running half marathon's at last year.  Having spent the last 10 months training to run a very long way it now feels blisteringly fast.  It took a good mile to get into running at that pace and to realise that yes, compared to the pace I ran at on Saturday it does make you breathe a bit harder, but it doesn't keep getting harder.  It was good to be reminded that I can still run at a faster pace; but maybe not for 138 miles just yet.


Distance: 4.19 miles
Elevation gained: 26 metres


Sponsor me and help send Scouts on an adventure of a lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment