Thursday 31 August 2017

Up Tempo

Some days the rest of life gets in the way of running.  Today I gave a good friend a lift home from work which added 25 mins to my journey as I got stuck in traffic after dropping him off.  Add in a planning meeting for Scouts this evening and the time for today's run got a bit squeezed.  There was no way I was going to fit in the easy paced 10 miles I'd put in the programme when I drew it up 18 weeks ago.

So if time is short - run faster.  

Tempo pace is about the fastest you could maintain in a serious race lasting about an hour.  It's not a pace you can launch straight into without a warm up and you also need to allow for a proper cool down again at the end.  I probably ran about half of tonight's run at my 10k pace, the warm up and cool down taking up the rest.  

And we now have the programme for Scouts sorted for next term.

Distance: 4.35 miles
Elevation gained: 37 metres

Total miles run in August:  206.59   I'm going to award myself a swooshy star as that's the furthest I've run in a month

Thanks to everyone who's sponsored me over on our Just Giving page and for your messages of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment