Friday 1 September 2017

2 weeks to go

2 weeks, a fortnight, 14 days - whatever you want to call it the time for setting off is coming ever closer.  

When this run was first suggested back in November last year my feelings were "ok let's give it a go and see if I can handle the volume of training, I can always drop out later".  Training over the winter was hard - cold, wet and dark aren't great conditions.  It was difficult to get the mileage in and I thought of dropping out at least once a week.

Our original plan was to do the run in April but by February it was clear that some of the team were struggling with injuries.  So we decided to postpone it until the autumn. Once the pressure was off running was fun again.  The thought of dropping out later slid away as the miles piled up over the summer.  

We got together as a team to run for eight hours.  That was hard, very hard, as we suffered on one of the hottest days of the year.  At the end of the day we'd raised almost £1400 for the mental health charity, Mind.

Now there's only a few more runs to do before the off.  I've either done enough training or I haven't.  If it's the latter there's very little I can do about it in the next two weeks.


No running today - a rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment