Tuesday 26 September 2017

Heartbeat

It's now eight days since I finished my ultra marathon challenge.  Amongst all the things I noticed on finishing was how high my resting heart rate was at 69 beats a minute (it's usually in the low 50's).  Clearly a sign of the stress I'd put my body under in running 140 miles over four days. 

The good news is that gradually over the week my resting heart rate has been dropping, 64 beats a minute on Friday, 59 yesterday and today 56.  Another day or two and it should be back to normal showing that I've pretty much recovered from the event.  Once that happens, and assuming the residual soreness has gone as well, I can get back to running again.

The even better news is that as of today my run has raised £1142 towards next year's Scouts trip to KISC.  So a massive thank you to everyone who's sponsored me and there's still time to drop by our Just Giving page and make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment