Friday 8 September 2017

One week to go

It's next week, that point where I'm no longer counting down in weeks but in days.  And the list of things on my to do list is growing as the deadline approaches.

It's got to the point in my training where I'm actually not running that much.  It's called tapering.  The idea is that you let your body recover for 10 - 14 days before the big event so that you start fresh.  In practice it's torment as I've got used to putting in the miles and it feels wrong not to be doing it.

It's also the point at which I become a hypochondriac - a sneeze is flu, a twinge is tendonitis and a cough must be consumption.  The trouble is there isn't time to recover from anything now.  So excuse me, I'm not being rude by refusing to shake your hand, it's just that I'm keen to avoid illness!

No running today as it's another rest day. I was going to sneak out for a little run but a thunderstorm and downpour persuaded me not to - don't want to catch pneumonia!

No comments:

Post a Comment