Wednesday 13 September 2017

Time to Pack

I need to get my bag to Neil our support driver tomorrow so this evening was all about packing.  I seem to be taking a lot of stuff.  Partly that's because I'm trying to guess what the weather will be like in five days time.  Will it be t-shirt and shorts or long sleeve top and running tights or even full waterproofs?  It's so much simpler when you just look outside, get changed and go for a run.

And the terrain varies from tarmac to muddy fields necessitating taking a number of pairs of trainers.  

Road shoes, hybrid shoes, trail shoes plus a pair to wear in the evenings - though 7 pairs might be excessive!

The other thing is I simply don't know what I'm going to want to eat while running, what appeals one day can fail to appeal the next.  So I've packed a selection of food which seems to take up half my bag:- chocolate biscuits, syrup biscuits (which I caught the cat trying to steal), Jaffa cakes, Kendal mint cake, dried fruit, pancakes, waffles and peanut butter, rice pudding, yoghurt coated bars, fruit and nut bars, cashew nuts, fruit juice.  That's in addition to all the cake, potatoes, crisps and coke that Neil has kindly stocked up on for us.

Then there's things like all the chargers and cables for mobile phone, torch, running watch which seem to need a bag of their own.  

No running today: resting now until Friday.


Sponsor me and help send Scouts on an adventure of a lifetime 

No comments:

Post a Comment